Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa So Stylin' & Blue Bic Wishes

I keep Santa on speed dial because a girl never knows when she's gonna need to call upon a snappy fabulous friend dressed in red with a beard as white as the driven snow who loves to give gifts & is rumored to be made of pure magic.  As much as the world would like to tell me that such magical endeavors are merely fantasy?  I'm still a fan of The Claus. I'm still a believer, even though I realize this crazy world makes it tough to be a believer at times..
Today I decided to do something I haven't done since I was a little girl.  I decided to write my very own letter to Santa.  The last time I touched base with Santa in writing I'm pretty sure the correspondence consisted of a teddy bear, roller skates & pink cowboy boots request.  For the record he came through on all accounts.  Ahhh good old Santa!  Anyway, I thought it might be fun to write The Claus as an adult, just to see where my thoughts would take me.  I was curious to know what wishes I might conjure up on a moment's notice.  The plan was to blog about it later & share the silliness of my materialistic nature (because I definitely have one). I fully planned to put a stamp on it & mail it away to The North Pole immediately after writing.  Why not?? 


My letter journey started out simple enough:   "Dear Santa",  I sketched out, in my best print handwriting " I wish for.." At that exact moment a blank stare parked itself upon my face. As my hand froze, something beyond my comprehension began to happen.  I did NOT know what to ask for, I did not know what to write.  ME? Come on!  I want LOTS of things. Endless things!  How could I be at a loss for words? Things Things Things. This is my specialty. THIS is what I DO.  I'm a wisher!  I'm a crush it til I get it kinda girl. What on Earth was happening here? Suddenly, just as quickly as my pen hit the table,  I jerked it back up again & the words "makes me happy " began to form.  Only this time the letters were in cursive with large meaningful strokes, swirls of letters across an empty white page coming to life with a blue Bic.  Happy, fun, energetic words on & on flowing so easily, effortlessly, as if by magic.  Hyper cursive words appearing with accompanying smiles on my face for every listing of a beautiful person in my life:  People who care about me in this world & ask for nothing in return except for exactly who I am.  People who make me feel alive with the spirit of a holiday season every day of the year. My Holiday Wish?  To spend more time with them.
 Santa's So Stylin!  Hope he writes me back:)

Believe
Hepburn Hugs & Claus Wishes
xoxo
Birdee Bow