Monday, September 2, 2013

Less Tech

"Now Look at Me, I'm Sparkling.  A firework, a dancing flame. I'm Glowin"

There's a Katy Perry lyric that goes,
"I just wanna throw my phone away..
find out who is really there for me"

Such a simple line but ohhh the valley of thought behind that little phrase.  Can you imagine? Who would be there if you suddenly slipped off the grid? In a technically advanced society where we're ALL so constantly connected.. it's a powerful thing to think WHO
 is really part of your life? 

Present in the here & now.

I want to cherish my friendships, my family & those who hold my heart. May I always remember that text,  fb, twitter updates & instagrams can NEVER replace sunshine & laughter.
I want good food & giggles,
walks along mountain paths &
 fresh air while discussing the silly
& serious things in life ..
WITH a good friend.

May I make the effort to listen with my ears & my entire heart.
I hope to never accept typed characters across a cell screen as a substitute for the beautiful sound of a human voice,
 or the amazing rhythm
 of a heartbeat

I long for the imperfect interactions of a life low on technical support

I think it's called

Real


Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams

xo

Birdee Bow






No comments:

Post a Comment