Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Life, Love, Louboutins & The Pursuit of Adventure




ADVENTURE:
 An undertaking usually involving danger & unknown hazards.
Also see: Spirit of Adventure & The Gamble A.K.A. The Encountering of Risks.

Thinking a lot this week about adventures & how the idea of planning an adventure is a beautiful thing, in theory. Sometimes it's such a beautiful style idea that I find myself shying away from it...as if it's too much of a planning ordeal for me to ever really be a true adventurer.  Allowing myself to be intimidated by the very word Adventure is absolutely a non bueno situation. I mean, after all, I must admit I'm a bit perplexed as to how one can actually plan an adventure anyway. Isn't planning an adventure  an oxymoron in terms? I understand of course the planning of journeys to far off lands & uncharted territories & I'm all too envious of those who can carry those plans to fruition with little or no fear of the unknown. Travel is indeed a thing of amazement & beauty.  I think, however, it's easy to forget that true adventures are really just everyday, spontaneous (sometimes really stupid) ideas which we somehow turn into unforgettable moments.

   
Like the time I decided, along with my band mates, that it would be an ok idea to travel across The Mojave desert in mid August without an air conditioner in an overheating van. The desert always cools down after dark right?  Ok..no NOT right.  A few hours of dousing one another with super Oozy battery operated water guns later, we decided our calculations might have been a bit off.  Ad in a few more hours of  emptying an industrial sized ice chest over our bodies at every "oh my god we have to stop again the van is overheating" kinda stop & we somehow managed to get to the other side.  Soaked bandanna wrapped heads all alive & intact, barely.
A stupid idea indeed, I don't recommend trying this at home.
but luckily, in our case it became an adventure.
A lengthy one filled with ghost stories , ice cream dreams & seriously HOT card games.      


I guess the point of my rambling is that
I plan to Go Ahead & GO Someplace where no one knows my name on every occasion possible (ooooooo it's my favorite)  but I hope to never forget that my story is being written right here, right wherever I am.
Right Now.
Turning spontaneous decisions into awesome adventure
s.


Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams

xo

Birdee