Friday, May 24, 2013

Rejection Protection..

"When you're following your inner voice, doors tend to eventually open for you, even if they mostly slam at first. "  Kelly Cutrone

I've heard the saying
 "Rejection is God's Protection"
  Honestly, when I think back about all the things which almost worked out, didn't quite work out or FLAKED out on me at the last second? I often breathe a deep sigh of relief.  Oh, sure the heartbreak at the time was monumental, earth shattering.  The kind of break that lands you in your pj's for weeks with absolutely no clue where to turn or what to do next & ZERO feelings of hudspah to try it all again.

One thing I've learned about rejection is that it's freeing..

I often tell my friends,
 "I've been rejected by the best. By now I must be shatterproof & fearless!"
And it's true.
All the times I didn't try something I truly wanted to do?
It was because I was afraid of rejection.
Afraid of not measuring up
Afraid I wouldn't come out on top.

There is no TOP.
It's a myth.

There's only here & now.

These moments.

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
I believe rejection is in the doubt of the non believer..


And the only believer you need to succeed?

is

YOU


Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,

xo
Birdee Bow




No comments:

Post a Comment