Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Treat YO Self...


"Treat Yo Self.  Don't Cheat Yo Self!!"
We live in a world where the phrase "Treat Yourself!" primarily conjures up ideas of shopping on Madison Avenue or maxing out your Amex on the hottest new trend item at Nastygal.com. And I won't even mention the sugar induced brain freeze thoughts of treating yourself to ice cream or extra helping sprinkles atop that Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey waffle cone. We all know those treats are delicious. 
Deliciously fabulous.
..but forever fleeting.  
I began contemplating the Treat YO Self term yesterday when a friend of mine said,
"You work too hard, you really should treat yourself more often."  
WHA?  Seriously?

It struck me as funny because I feel like I treat myself all the time. 
I'm pretty sure my entire life has been a somewhat selfish, self absorbed kinda treatment.
I think she meant a different type of nurturing.
It made me stop & think about the real treatment I'm after.
The true treatment that makes it all worth while.. 
( Hint: it has little to do with Chanel Boxes) 

TREAT YO Self!

Treat yourself to some positive thoughts about who you are & how far you've come.
Treat yourself to some beautiful memories from moments that melt your heart.
Treat yourself to a convo with some positive someone who would LOVE to hear from you.
Treat yourself to
*Lazy Days
*No Fretting Days
*Days Without Purpose &
*Days of Rest
Treat yourself to a long walk with sunshine on your shoulder..

Treat yourself to silliness, awkwardness &
Complete Unplanned Randomness

It's your play list

go ahead
play your favorite song
All
Day
Long




Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,
xo

Birdee Bow




No comments:

Post a Comment