Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sweet Arrivals & The Human Condition

"It takes one person to forgive, but it takes two people to be reunited"
Making my way onto the elevator, I checked the time on my cell & a new text message. My 45 minute early arrival was going to be long enough, but with this newly received information it seemed as though adding another hour onto my wait time was inevitable.  Flight delays & airport arrivals, go figure.   Reaching into my purse for the latest Harper's Bazaar edition, I settled into a comfortable seat at the Grab'N Go Coffee Hut & hoped for a peaceful 2 hours of fashion article reads, glossy photo perusing & Earl Grey tea fabulosity.  Situated ever so closely to the arrival escalators, I hoped the every 20 minute flood of landers wouldn't hinder my zine zen & I would be able to block out the mixed bag of  airport hoopla.  As I began breaking into my fresh new style savvy pages, I was distracted by a tiny girl crying loudly & clinging onto her mother's leg. "Oh no, here we go", I thought.   She seemed beyond consoling and then, in no more seconds than it had taken me to turn & spot her outburst,  her face lit up like a sparkler at a Gatsby gala on New Year's Eve.  There HE was.  Daddy!!  Daddy was apparently home from wherever he had been & now only utter elation was in order.  I couldn't help but giggle at the spectacle & delight in the cuteness of her actions as she jumped into his open arms & began kissing him one million times. This darling little girl with the sudden personality change, such a sweet moment! Then something truly inspirational happened as I put down the Harper's & realized these moments were literally happening everywhere.  The tightest hugs one could imagine, soft kisses, screams of delight & a fanfare of emotional scenery. Some tears of  joy & some it seemed of sorrow. Every mixture of laughter & smiles. Grins as wide & gorgeous as I had ever seen.  As I waited, I watched again & again. Every 20 minutes like clockwork,  beautiful arrivals.  Each one more amazing, more heart wrenching, more thought provoking & lovely than the one before. Absolutely more intriguing than any magazine I would have been unfortunately lost in reading.  Heart wrenching novels unfolding in front of me & playing out LIVE on an airport stage. There I sat, a guest in the front row, under dressed for such a dramatic theatrical production in mascara grazed glasses shedding a few tears of my own. Witnessing stories which needed no beginnings, no endings & no real words to convey sincere meaning.  The truth of the human condition & our need to be with those we love.
  Hearts 
beating, embracing,
 remembering what it is to reunite.

Life is beautiful.
Long Live The Human Spirit.

Ohhhhh I really digg it.

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,

xo
Birdee Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment