Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hands of time.. can't even form a fist

"I am invariably late for appointments...sometimes as much as two hours.  I've tried to change my ways, but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing."  Marilyn Monroe

Life moves terribly fast doesn't it?  It's astonishing to me the amount of times I've had plans to say something, do something or share something with someone & it somehow slipped out of  my day. 

How does that happen?  Honestly, how do the most important things seem to fall through the cracks ?  

Recently, I had the privilege of spending a few hours with some very dear friends of mine.  We hadn't been able to see each for a few months, so it was GOLDEN.

Funny how I felt the urge of time even as we spoke. I had places to be, they had places to be. Commitments & deadlines & those who were expecting us.. I knew the seconds were ticking...I knew there would be distractions & cell phones & general life interruptions & I wanted it all to STOP!!  AAArrrgh!!!
Sadly,I found myself annoyed even by the genuinely kind waiter who took our order because he too was stealing a millisecond of our precious time.   As I tried to mentally categorize all the facts, events & smiles I wanted to share with them in their order of importance, I was subconsciously (& maybe not so subconsciously) racing against the clock.  

I want my 2014 to be more about ignoring the clock.
I want a New Year filled with relaxed moments of sharing.

Beautiful moments should never fall prey to the tiny defenseless hands of a clock. After all, they can't even form a fist!
 just sayin  ;)
Sometimes I truly want to
S M A S H   C L O C K S 

Here's to making the

time.

Making it Count.
&
Not apologizing for it.


Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,

xoxo

Birdee Bow






No comments:

Post a Comment