Friday, January 3, 2014

"Ima Survivor. I'm gon' work harder"


"
I'm a survivor - a living example of what people can go through and survive"                                                                                            ELIZABETH TAYLOR
My best friend from childhood is one of the most beautiful people I've ever known.  Gorgeous on the outside & equally stunning on the inside, her zest for life & knack for finding the silver lining in every aspect of existence is uncanny.  There is never a time when I call her complaining about hangnails and silly life spats when she doesn't stop me in my self absorbed Stuart Weitzman size 9 stiletto shoe tracks with this one simple answer to the question "How are you?"

  "Ahhh I'm GREAT!  I am so blessed.  Life is truly amazing. I have not ONE complaint!"
It's enough to throw even the most positive of souls right off track isn't it? Honestly how many people make those kind of all encompassing announcements right off the hip? Zero pre thought, I'm talking straight from the heart.
Ok, to know that she is a beautiful sparkler, an accomplished career woman, a wonderful wife & mother as well as a daily inspiration to not only myself but to soooo many others, is only part of the story.  You should also know that she faces health issues. Serious health issues. The type of issues which might bring most mortals to their knees.  Issues which she has triumphed over time & time again within her young life.  She continues to beat them on the daily..without hesitation.  Did I say beat them?  More like this girl pulverizes them on the daily
Without Reserve.  
Without bitterness. 
She lives in total BRAVERY.
 With TOTAL LOVE 
With EYES WIDE OPEN
Open to every beautiful thing I often choose to miss.
"Happiness is a choice"
Her cute little quirky voice echoes the sentiment ever so sweetly, so gently into my 
glued to the cellphone ear.
She is the source of so many of my smiles in this lifetime.
An immeasurable gift aren't they?  Smiles..
& there is no one whose advice I cherish more.

This 2014?  
I want to be more like her.
I want to spread the JOY & choose to NEVER bask in the bitter..
because even one millisecond of bitterness?
Is enough to ruin a girl's complexion
Not to mention her entire day.

HAPPY BRAVE NEW YEAR.

WILL THIS DAY!

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,
xoxo

Birdee Bow



No comments:

Post a Comment