Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Let me see you SWEAT. #LeoLife



"You hear that voice?  You hear that sound?  LIKE THUNDER Gonna Shake the Ground..."

You know those ideas you have from an early age and you're not quite sure where they came from?  Yeh, it's a mystery. One very distinct idea I can remember having from a very early age was the idea that things you really want in life should appear as if by surprise.  Ok, so yes I understood the hard work aspect for most outcomes, but the work shouldn't be too noticeable.  It should seem quite effortless to those around you. A proper lady shouldn't have too much sweat (so to speak) upon her brow and it's downright  rude and improper to be too persistent or intrusive.  The effort should really be an afterthought to the talent and sheer will.

uhhhh yeh ok.


I think this may have something to do with a more southern style environment or the fact that southern women are not supposed to appear desperate under any circumstances.  (Scarlet O'Hara ring a bell anyone?)
I'm not really sure where that personal ideology of mine came from, because my parents certainly didn't teach it to me  (In fact quite the opposite).  But for better or worse?  I'll admit it was indeed the way I thought.

I would like to say now and ON THE RECORD that I've spent the better part of my adulthood poking huge gaping wound style holes into that theory.  Let me tell you one thing for certain:

 IT'S A BLOOD BATH.

FIGHT for whatever it is you want in this life and start early.  Fight with all your might because the younger you learn to fight the more prepared you'll be to fight off the naysayers, the haters and the creepers in sheep's clothing.

FIGHT to ward off the small minds you will meet along the way who only wish to change your vision and mold you into another form of mediocrity.

FIGHT like your life depends on it, because it does.  BE intrusive and annoyingly persistent about your goals. VOICE THEM as loud as possible, whenever possible.   Never take no for an answer & ignore those with broken dreams who negatively work to  prevent you from pursuing your own.

Let all that sweat show upon your brow.
Wear it like a badge of honor while you ROAR.

GLISTEN.  GLOW
FIGHT
LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW


Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,

Birdee Bow





No comments:

Post a Comment