Friday, May 22, 2015

Three Little Words & Easy Silence


                "I got you babe."   Sonny & Cher


I recently read an article entitled, Three Little Words Most Cherished in Relationships.  A mixed bag of three word phrases quickly shuffled through my mind,  I love you?  I need you?  I want you?   Nope none of those made the cut.  Turns out the three most longed for words are
 I
Got
You.

Ahhhhh, "I got you."

Conjures up a lot of serene thoughts doesn't it? That peaceful feeling when some one's got your back. The comforting knowledge that someone is not only looking out for you, but watchin' ahead for you too. I find it not only to be an amazing phrase to hear, but also equally gratifying to say to someone you truly care about.


Made me think about an old song I hadn't heard in a while.

Easy Silence
When the calls and conversations
Accidents and accusations
Messages and misperceptions
Paralyze my mind
Buses, cars and airplanes leaving
Burnin' fumes of gasoline
And everyone is runnin'
And I come to find a refuge
In the easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
The peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me
The way you keep the world at bay


Wishing you moments with someone who keeps the world at bay.

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams


xoxo

Birdee Bow


No comments:

Post a Comment