Sunday, January 13, 2013

Voyaging..



"Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon"
                                Winnie The Pooh
I once worked at a flower shoppe where  I received instruction on the intricate design of European hand ties. Daily I practiced with beautiful long stemmed roses.  Roses in pinks & reds & yellows mixed with stargazer lilies & greenery of every shade.  As much as I adored the scent, the beauty & the art of the flowers? Surprisingly, my favorite part of the job became the assembling of helium balloons!  Oh how I loved picking out shiny mylar heart & figure shaped balloons in bright metallic colors of the rainbow. Watching them come to life through the nozzle of a helium tank gave me a sense of joy.  I imagined who would smile when they received them. I imagined who might eventually let them go, setting them free to fly out into the universe! I always hoped their short balloon lives would end somewhere within the clouds rather than in a stuffy corner of a bedroom or in a dark office space. The thought of them slowly losing helium day by day until they were nothing made me sad.  I hoped they would not return to the crinkled up mylar from which they had begun without first trying to touch the sky.
We all deserve a chance to touch the sky..
To get lost in flight amongst the clouds in beauty & grandeur & the courage to float aimlessly at times;Voyaging without a map in our sights, but rather only passion in our eyes.

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,
xo
Birdee Bow



No comments:

Post a Comment