Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2 Buck Shazam!!

"As the sun sets, we've all had those nights where you question your choices and where your life is going."  Tori Amos

We went there a lot in the summertime.  I only remember the time of  year so specifically because of the sound of my flip flops upon the creaky (terribly uneven) hardwood floors & the fact that I was usually in a swimsuit top & shorts. I was endlessly in swimming lessons, but that's another story.  M.E. Moses, it was the kind of store where you could find school supplies on one aisle & an ice cream soda shop, complete with spinning red bar stools & a malt machine, on the other. It always smelled like popcorn. I loved the aisles of M.E. Moses.  To me, it felt like walking into an amusement park with endless possibilities & a better than average chance of exiting with a purchase of my choosing.  Ok, so said chosen item would need to be $2 or less, but still it was fabulous.  I have no idea why the memory of M.E. Moses keeps popping into my mind lately, but I think it's about choices.  So many choices!  Oooo the amount of time a child will spend debating a 2 buck purchase. Picking one thing up, typically some sort of barbie ensemble complete with shoes, I would carry it around the store until aha! Something else bright & shiny would appear & SHAZAM this was the thing I'd been waiting for. The most fabulous item EVER!  Probably a bright swirly beach ball or some sort of cheap board game in which to harass my entire family. After all, why should they miss out on all the fun? 
Sometimes my life feels like an aisle at M.E. Moses.  SO many things I want to do, so many things I want to see. So many projects. Kinda crowded. SO many ideas, changing from one day to the next. I feel like I'll never have enough time to explore all the possibilities, but one thing's for sure..

Ima need at least $2.50


I think I'll slip on my flip flops & grab a malt.


Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams


xo

Birdee Bow



No comments:

Post a Comment