Monday, June 13, 2011

One Step forward & Two Steps Tango


"The Mind skates circles around itself as it moves forward " Robert Frost

  I've always been a big fan of the  forward motion movement. Y'know head strong in the pursuit of the goal.  I have two speeds: over-drive pedal to the medal & complete collapse into the sleep coma.  Never a fan of the whole  1 step forward & 2 steps back mantra.  In fact, the very "oh no we're losing ground' concept has been known to put me into denial & annoyance mode giving me the heebie jeebies & full on panic attacks.  But lately? Lately I have a whole new understanding.  Lately I'm learning the steps I've been rushing to scan over may have been the most beautiful, creative & rewarding ones all along.  The super slow ones headed in a backward  direction.  The ones that gently nudge you into rewind slow mo.  I think it's life's way of asking us to dance a beautiful tango.


                                               & I accept
wishing you beautiful summer moments 
Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams
xo
Birdee