Thursday, June 30, 2011

Forget Your Umbrella.. Let's Just Dance




"Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain."
 
Billie Holiday 
Getting caught in a torrential downpour yesterday afternoon about 12 blocks from my destination & completely unprepared, I immediately began to run. It's the initial response I assume..seek shelter & get to dry ground, but as I began running I suddenly realized how much I really didn't want to run. I realized I really just wanted to saunter along in each puddle filled footstep, taking it all in. As I tried to catch the beat & the rhythm of the rain, I imagined myself to be Debbie Reynolds being courted by Gene Kelly, dancing upon lightposts & sidewalks in perfect fashion. Each cold drop that hit my skin felt like invigoration, newness, freedom & surprise...the great kind of surprise, like when you come home in 5th grade & there's a birthday party waiting for you along with your favorite frosted cake.   These magical drops hitting my nose, seemingly all powerful, as if they were joining small forces to create great impact. Little advisers falling from the sky  to jolt me & remind me that
"yep, you're alive in this moment. This is your  life.  Do you feel it? Are you gonna breath it in?"
 Thanks for the Heads up. 

 duly noted  & Yes, I'm Blissfully IN.   



Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams
 xo   
Birdee Bow