Friday, October 14, 2011

Beauty Between The Blinks

The Indian Summer of life should be a little sunny and a little sad, like the season, and infinite in wealth and depth of tone, but never hustled.
Henry Adams
Dear Indian Summer,

I have fallen for you & I am afraid to even blink..  In full swing, you are such a magical, beautiful & relaxing time.  I'm afraid if I close my eyes even for a second? You might disappear, but isn't that the way it is with all beautiful things? Perfect breezy afternoons of inspired writings, warm outdoor dining weather in the evenings & sun, sun, sun everywhere in between.  I would happily chase after your fleeting perfection forever.. Oh sure, I know that
Metaphorically speaking, you are a reference to the late bloomers. The unexpectedness of bloom from that which has seemingly lost its' relevance. Maybe that's why you hold such a huge place in my heart. Who can say when ANY living thing has lost it's relevance?   I know you would agree, sweet Indian Summer, that relativity is in the mind of the beholder & unexpectedness is the key to all magic in this life. Thank You & if I do lose you between the blinks?  I'll be anxiously waiting...hoping you suddenly appear again next year.
 
Wishing you moments as unexpectedly stunning as an Indian Summer & a relevance without expiration. Beauty between the blinks..

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams
    Birdee Bow