Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wings..they set us free


"I wanted to fly so you gave me your wings..."               Michelle Branch 


The more I live the more I truly believe we travel through this life on borrowed wings.  Those who pick us up when we're feeling low & those who love us through the beautiful & the ugly times too. I'm 100% convinced we can only soar when we're among those who somehow make us weightless.  After all, flying takes a lot of courage don't you think?  But it's also effortless. Maybe we never know when our feet have actually lifted off the ground..maybe that's the secret.  Maybe we're only supposed to recognize the magic of borrowed wings when our feet once again touch the ground. 
The longing keeps us breathing, keeps us sane, keeps us looking for all the rainbows while we stand drenched in the rain..

& If we're really lucky?
They come along again to set us free





Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams
Birdee Bow