Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Sweet Smell of Sweet Nothings


"If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom"                      
                                                     
Audra Foveo


My mom sent this photo from home today.  If you think it looks gorgeous?  Let me tell you it's nothing compared to the beautiful fragrant scent! Nothin' is sweeter than a valley filled with Bluebonnets. 

 Absolute Spring Perfection.

Thinking of home in springtime reminds me of  the many hours I spent as a little girl swinging on a tractor tire swing.   I remember my dad tying, retying &  securing again the braided rope around the branches of a huge elm tree in our backyard.  I can still see him hoisting up that tire with the kind of worn tread built for mowing over cotton fields & pasture.  I had no idea at the time, but I would grow to absolutely love that thing. 

 Countless hours of daydreaming went down on that tire swing. Nothing to do but be alone with my thoughts.  It was my escape from the universe, for whenever I closed my eyes?  I could be anywhere. I could be anyone. I could create my own busy world, right there within the calm serenity of the country.  Just singin' and dreamin'.   Wow! When I think about it?  Not a lot has changed.  
Still Singin'
Still Dreamin'     minus  the black stained shorts from  petroleum based tire rubber  ;)

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams,

Birdee Bow