Sunday, May 13, 2012

Moments of Impact

There will be no Movie Spoiler Alerts in today's blog. Rest assured I won't be uttering any info which isn't readily available & or implied in the trailer;)
  "The Moment of Impact.  That's the thing about moments like these. You can't, no matter how hard you try, control how it's gonna affect you.  You just gotta let the colliding parts go where they may.  And wait..for the next collision."
  Leo The Vow
                                                                                                             
As a rule I try to avoid sad movies.  So, last night when my friends recommended I see The Vow?  I was skeptical.  The trailer told me most of what I didn't want to know: Love story + sad accident?  For me that typically equals = No Bueno.  However,  I am a fan of actress Rachel McAdams & I must admit the true story status of the movie pulled me into the 2 hour journey of joy, sadness & utter tragedy.

Two young lovers caught up in a freak accident. While each are severely injured, the girl sustains head trauma resulting in amnesia. Only remembering bits & pieces of her life, she struggles with the overwhelming challenge of rebuilding her world.  Huge chunks of time were completely deleted from her memory bank and as fates would regrettably have it? The 5 year span encapsulating the time of meeting, falling in love & marrying her husband were among the deletions. 
Disappeared.
  Gone.
    Vanished.
      Strangers.

One cannot even think of such a sad scenario without reflecting on our own existence.  It's amazing the amount of "lives" which are lived within any one life.  The changes we go through: There's the person we are,  the person we once were,  and the person we hope to become..
How unfathomable to comprehend the loss of one of those dynamics in one profound moment.
Change is constant & ever apparent, but without the gradual process which brings us to new understandings, how could we even begin to make sense of it all? Oh sure, I suppose losing a few really crummy BAD memories here & there might be a fabulous thing;

 Like the time I slipped down an entire flight of stairs in 6th grade.. In front of my 8th grade crush,  while wearing a pair of burgundy floral cowboy boots & a white lace Easter Dress.  I,  of course thought I was rockin' it, but in reality it was hideous and those boots were
S L I C K as I C E !!
OK ok , But what are we if not the sum of all of our moments woven together?
 The horrible,
     the beautiful,
         the utterly brilliant
           the completely unplanned
            & the "Seriously, What the heck was I thinking?"

Go ahead & relish in a memory today

      Tell someone how much they mean to you

                          & don't forget to buckle your seat belt.

Hepburn Hugs & Ric Ocasek Dreams

xo

Birdee Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment