Monday, April 18, 2011

The Journey..


The view from my writing corner & YES jellybeans...

It's a beautiful thing... the way pen hits paper & just glides along.  Songwriting for me is truly freedom.  The privilege of sharing my view of the world with others & the ability to take experiences, whether good or bad, & turn them into a living breathing thing which will surely outlive me.... the thing known as a song.  So simple & unassuming in it's nature but so full of strength & power at it's core. This one's for a few of the songwriters who inspire me...
  
"Sometimes songwriters ....they get a melody in their head and the notes will take precedence, so that they wind up forcing a word onto a melody. It doesn't ring true"
DON HENLEY
"I think probably the only thing that is around in these songs is that I was really lonely when I wrote a lot of them. But it was really by my own choosing because I was devoting myself to songwriting and dancing and I wasn't really going out and seeing people"
KATE BUSH


"One day a whole damn song fell into place in my head"
BILLIE HOLIDAY
"The songs touch on things like despair, lack of hope, and frustration. They have to do with my own journey; they're about times when I've felt stuck-that I'll never achieve my goals. But ultimately, in the songs, I resolve it by seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and realizing that no matter how bad things get, there's always a way out"
RYAN TEDDER
"Nowhere Man '. I'd spent 5 hours that morning trying to write a song that was meaningful and good, and I finally gave up and lay down. Then, ' Nowhere Man ' came, words and music, the whole damn thing, as I lay down"
JOHN LENNON
"A lot of people think Alice's Restaurant is an anti-war song..it's not, it's an anti-Idiot song"
ARLO GUTHRIE
"This time for whatever reason, this album inspired me to keep writing.  It made me feel like we still have good albums in us, that we're still capable of making good records for years to come"
DAVE GROHL

Determination Always Rings True
Hey Aviator
Debut Coming Soon.


WRITE ON


Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams

xo

Birdee