Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Seduction In The Music


Just pouring over the new Elle May 2011 Women in Music issue & loving the homage to
 the trailblazers & Glam Rock Queens who blasted through the glass ceiling of a once male dominated Rock'n Roll leather studded bubble. Beautiful photographs of phenomenal musicians  & stories of success. I highly suggest picking up a copy of your own. The many women in Rock who have inspired me have many specific attributes which intrigue. All so different in look, style, sound & voice...but each one has at least two very distinctive personality traits in common:  

Drive & Ambition  
 OH Yes. I'm on board.


"Most Chick Singers say 'If you hurt me, I'll die".. I say, 'If you hurt me, I'll kick your ass."
PAT BENATAR

"I do know the effect that music still has on me - I'm completely vulnerable to it. I'm seduced by it."
DEBBIE HARRY

"I think I was born strong-willed. That's not the kind of thing you can learn. The advantage is, you stick to what you believe in and rarely get pushed out of what you want to do."JOAN JETT
"Yeah, the industry has always been both the enemy and the best friend of the artist. They need each other. That's the bottom line"
CHRISSIE HYNDE
“Music is an extraordinary vehicle for expressing emotion - very powerful emotions. That's what draws millions of people towards it. And, um, I found myself always going for these darker places and - people identify with that."
ANNIE LENNOX


"I get the greatest feeling when I'm singing. It's other-worldly. Your feet are anchored into the Earth and into this energy force that comes up through your feet and goes up the top of your head and maybe you're holding hands with the angels or the stars, I have no idea."
CYNDI LAUPER
 

"I hate the industry even more now, no bands get nurtured anymore.  Labels only spend money promoting acts they know will be TOP Ten.  I find it offensive spending $2 million on a video."
SIOUXSIE SIOUX

"I have the same goal I've had since I was a little girl. I  want to rule the World."
MADONNA

"Women have to harness their power, it's absolutely true.  It's just learning not to take the first No. 

And if you can't go straight ahead?

 You go around the corner"
CHER


Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams 
xo  
Birdee