Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Words Like triggers & SHaZaM!

Working on finishing a love song this week in my Hey Aviator world.  It's simply surreal the way the melody of a love song can transport your mood & suddenly everything in your view becomes part of a story.  The shape of a silhouette, the sound of rain, the movement of the clock pendulum....the very energy of the wind becomes all fodder for  lyrical expression.  In my opinion it's completely & utterly addictive.
Just as I put away my pen & paper late last evening, I happened on to a biography of Greta Garbo.  One by one each film historian interviewed about Garbo's magnificent career went on & on in great detail about Garbo's eyes. Each one professing the phenomenal way  she was able to speak volumes with her eyes, more than any words could have ever conveyed.  It made me pause & think about songwriting as a whole & how words are only as beautiful as the emotion or the proverbial "look" which they evoke within us.  Words like triggers.
Triggers which set our hearts ablaze & ignite our memories back into moments.  "Shazam Moments" when we felt amazing!   So, I'm wishing you glorious triggers today:) 
 The kind that jolt you in your steps & make you feel ShaZam!


"There are many things in your heart you can never tell to another person. They are you, your private joys and sorrows, and you can never tell them. You cheapen yourself, the inside of yourself, when you tell them"

GRETA GARBO

 "I hope Bogie knew how much I loved him, how much he meant to me, how I highly valued him. I've had another life since then, but he was my first love, and you never forget your first love."
LAUREN BACALL



“It was very, very passionate, and dramatic, and hurtful, and ecstatic,” says MacGraw. “It was pretty much a wipeout for both of us. But I think it’s safe to say it would have been impossible not to fall in love with Steve.”
ALI MACGRAW



"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night"

MARILYN MONROE


Hepburn Hugs & McQueen Dreams

xo

Birdee